Leek Cricket Club was formed on 20th May 1844, at a meeting in Leek Town Hall convened by William Challinor, a local solicitor. William Milner was appointed Chairman, and J.G. Whittles Secretary, and the flourishing Victorian Leek had a properly constituted cricket club, to meet the growing interest in the game.
The Cricket Club now has 3 senior teams; 1st XI, 2nd XI and a Sunday Side for our Development XI. We also have several teams across the junior section, covering age groups of Under 8s right through to Under 16s.
We can't do this without the incredible support of volunteers that give up lots of time to make the club successful. We'd like to introduce you to some of the main people that help support the Cricket Club on a daily basis.
Head of Beer Festival
Head of Finance
100 Club Secretary
Leek Cricket Club occupies the former grounds of Highfield Hall home to Sir Arthur Nicholson. The hall no longer stands but the gate lodge and stable block both remain as private residences.
Leek Cricket Club has been running for over 175 years, from when it was founded in May 1844.
We have an incredible history, include the team to the left whom who the local 'treble' of the League, Staffordshire Cup & Talbot Cup in 2001.
Read more about the terrific treble season & our full history on our History page.
We aim to improve the game of cricket in North Staffordshire through first class facilities and coaching. Our goal is to provide the opportunity, environment and facilities to people of all ages and abilities to play cricket.
To produce elite cricketers that are capable of performing at the highest level.
The club has a proud history of producing elite cricketers, with Tim Tweats, Alex Mellor, Alex Thomson, John Steele & Kim Barnett all going on to play first class country cricket.